An unfortunate part of renting properties is there are scammers out there. At van2010rentals.com we urge you to take the following steps to protect yourself.
Property OwnersAs a property owner we recommend you;
1) Have renters sign a rental agreement.
2) Collect a damage deposit.
3) Create a web based new email address (such as yahoo) to protect yourself from spam.
4) Meet a renter in person, we recommend taking a friend or family member with you. Do not mail or leave keys for the renter to pick up.
5) Never give out any personal information.
6) Do not store valuables other than those specified as part of your agreement (televisons, DVD players).
7) Finally, we reccomend a credit and background check on potential renters.
Please check out our Services page for Rental Agreements, Temporary Storage, and Credit and Background Check links.
RentersAs a renter we recommend you;
1) Never send money in a wire transfer.
2) Never send cash in the mail.
3) Use an internet mapping service to see where the rental property is and its location to venues or attractions you wish to attend.
4) Read rental contacts/agreements carefully before signing. Have a friend or a lawyer look it over and explain it to you if you do not understand it.
Please check out our Services page for payment options we offer.